Monday, November 5, 2012

Screwed By The Time Change

Who has unlimited amounts of time to hunt? I don't, and this time change thing has really made it frustratingly clear. Sunset is 5:30? Really? I don't get off work until 3:30. Add picking up kids from school, meetings after work etc, I'm looking at a mad dash across two counties to get to the spot where I need to be. Finding that spot will now at best only afford me maybe an hour or hour and a half of shooting light. To rub salt in the wound, now sunrise is an hour earlier! Christ, now I have to get up at 4:00am to get a bite and a cup of coffee to be in the stand before astronomical twilight. No worries though, I'll do it. And I'll drag my children out of the bed to be there with me. They may sleep for an hour in the stand, or be walking sleep deprived zombies, but they will be there. I know there have been legitimate reasons for the time change in the past, but I'm not really clear on why we are doing it today, especially during hunting system.

No comments:

Post a Comment